Issuing Badges for Content
Badging plays a critical role in the creation and curation of content and courses. Badging content is primarily useful in organizing, searching and recommending suitable content. It enables increased content usage. Organization administrators, on Sunbird, can create and assign badges to content. Organizations can create any badge titles such as Popular, Recommended etc. For more details on creating badges, refer Creating Badges.
In this documentation, for the pupose of explaining the process of issuing badges to content we have used the example of a badge, titled, Official.
|1. You are logged in as the Badge Issuer
2. You have clicked on Library
Searching for Content
Currently, on Sunbird, badges can be assigned only to books.
|1. Enter the name of the book in the search tab
2. The search bar displays suggestions. Select from the suggestions, OR
3. Click the search icon after you type the name of the book
|1. Alternatively, apply Filters and narrow your search results
2. Select the respective options from the following drop-down menus:
e) Content Types
3. Click Apply to apply filters and fetch the search results
4. Click Reset to reset the selected filter options
5. You can also sort content alphabetically or based on published or modified dates
|1. Select the book for which you want to assign the badge|
|1.Select the badge
2. Click YES I’M SURE to assign the badge
3. Click CANCEL to go back to the previous screen
|1. Once the badge is successfully assigned, the badge appears on the book as shown in the image|